Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Brutal Honesty

A couple of years ago, my friend came to me and told me that I needed to work on my self esteem. I was not quite sure what she meant. I did not realize that I had a low self esteem issue. I just lived my life, tried to be a good person, raised my kids, worked my business, homeschooled my kids, and the list goes on. I was constantly busy with all these distractions that I could not take a moment to focus on the real problem. The real problem is that I needed to fix myself.

I have spent my life trying to make everyone else happy. My parents fought so like many children from broken homes, I tried to fix their problem. There problem was not mine to fix, so there is nothing I could have done to fix them. When I married, my husband was charming at first, but as our marriage continued, I realized that he had his own problems and I tried to fix him. Again, that was no for me to fix. I surrounded myself with projects and that goes for the people that I let in my life. I had that need to fix others when really, I was the one in need of fixing. I felt that as long as I was working on a project that I could ignore what really needed to be fix, which was me.

On these pages, I will write my story of how I learned to face my own self and start to fix me. This story isn't over yet . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment