Saturday, May 14, 2016

Religion vs Spiritual

I was very young when I started attending a church. I have always believed in God and talked to God through my life even though we did not go to a church. When I started going to church, it was a very fundamental church. I presumed that this was how things were suppose to be and I tried to confirm to the rules and regulations. I had this picture in my head of what I thought God was suppose to be but I was finding myself seeing a God through a different lens. God was becoming more scary to me and I became afraid of God. My view began to be someone that was out there waiting for me to make a mistake just to be able to condemn me to a pit of fire and brimstone. It was this experience that shaped my relationship with my ex husband. 

No comments:

Post a Comment