Saturday, May 14, 2016

Strong Feelings


I was recently given an assignment in the San Joaquin Valley Writing project #SJVWP to write about something that I have strong feelings about. The first thing that comes to mind is the family. Family is first and if it wasn't for my own family, I would not be where I am today. My kids have literally saved my life. I have taken blows for them and the youngest has actually taken blows for me. My children are the ones that encouraged me to continue my education so that I could be an independent person. Without them, where would I be?

Another thing that I am passionate about is education. I believe that education gave me the skills I needed to move on and take on an independent life. It help me to develop the self esteem that I so lacked through most of my life. It helped me to stand up for myself and finally to believe in myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment